Our European Values, our Future. A German-Polish Dialogue on the Future of Europe
More than thirty years after the German-Polish Neighbourliness Treaty, relations between Berlin and Warsaw are at the crossroads: while Germany accuses Poland of deficits in the rule of law, Poland criticises Germany’s energy policy and what Poland sees as its reluctance to support Ukraine. How can we strengthen German-Polish relations in the long term and prevent our countries from drifting further apart? What contribution can German-Polish relations make to the Europe of tomorrow?
We cordially invite you to our English-language Digital German-Polish Dialogue on Tuesday, 29 November 2022, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CET) “Our European Values, our Future. A German-Polish Dialogue on the Future of Europe”. Discuss in moderated breakout sessions and follow exciting presentations by, among others:
- Dr. Franziska Brantner, Parliamentary State Secretary at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (tbc)
- Klara Geywitz, Federal Minister for Housing, Urban Development and Construction of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Prof. Dr. Danuta Hübner, Member of the European Parliament
- Dietmar Nietan, Member of the German Bundestag and Coordinator of German-Polish Intersocietal and Cross-Border Cooperation
- Urszula Zielinska, Member of the Polish Sejm and Chairwoman of Partia Zieloni (tbc)
- Paul Ziemiak, Member of the German Bundestag and Chairman of the German-Polish Parliamentary Group
The full programme for the entire online event starting at 9:00 a.m. can be found here. Information beyond that is available on our website.