Online debate: “20 years of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights”
In 2021, #Europe celebrates 20th anniversary of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.
We recommend a webinar organised by the European Commission Representation in Poland and the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights which will focus on the role of the Charter in the EU legal system and for the European citizens.
25 May, 10.00-12.00 CEST,
Facebook profile of the European Commission.
Link to the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/918345855656505
Welcome note – Witold Naturski, Head, the European Commission Representation in Poland
Moderator – Małgorzata Bonikowska, PhD, Centre for International Relations, member of Team Europe
• Věra Jourová – European Commission Vice-President for Values and Transparency
• Prof. Michael O’Flaherty – Director of EU Agency for Fundamental Rights
FIRST ROUND – officials
• Adam Bodnar, PhD – Polish Commissioner for Human Rights
• Prof. Nina Półtorak – Judge at the General Court of the EU, Court of Justice of the EU
• Kamila Gasiuk-Pihowicz – MP, Vice-President of the Justice and Human Rights Committee of the Sejm
SECOND ROUND – experts and commentators:
• Prof. Anna Wyrozumska – Head of the Department of European Constitutional Law, Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Łódź, member of Team Europe
• Prof. Tomasz Grosse – Institute of European Politics, Department of Political Sciences and International Studies, University of Warsaw, senior fellow in Jagiellonian Club and Sobieski Institute
• Aleksandra Dulkiewicz – Mayor of Gdańsk, member of the European Committee of the Regions
• Miłosz Gapsa – student at the Department of European Constitutional Law, Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Łódź
Polish and English translation will be available.